Sunday, June 29, 2014

This is only the third day of being in the Philippines and I'm completely in love. The traveling was long, hard, and very tiring. Through all the work of just getting here and only being here a couple days, I already want to come back next year. I don't even remember the first day of being here because of how exhausted I was. The second day I do remember though! We tried to sleep in a little bit to get some sleep that we have missed, but I ended up being woken up by other people walking around at 7 am. We ate the food that was prepared for us, and holy cow... LOTS OF RICE. 
We later worked on a project. We had to dig some pretty deep holes in the ground for a medical center that the Filipinos are building. I don't think i have ever sweated so much in my entire life. Sweat was just pooling off my face and onto the philippine soil. The heat is another crazy thing here. It is so humid! Today we went swimming after visiting the LDS church. It was so worth it. The heat was so much hotter than the day before. It started to rain while we were swimming. The rain isn't freezing. Its a warm kind of rain. Sadie and I ran back to the building to shower in the outside showers cause how fun is that? To shower outside while its raining?! Sadie and I ended up just chilling outside in the rain for about an hour. As i am typing this it sounds like the air conditioning vents are broken and blasting out uncontrollably but its just the rain storm outside.. My favorite thing is riding the scooters. Its so nice to get the breeze in your face since its so hot. But when I was sitting on top of the jeep we were riding in, i wasn't paying attention and got decked by a tree and it left a battle scar on the back of my shoulder.  I also really really want to touch the dogs because there is so many! but dewey said I can't.. I'll get some type of disease. 
Another thing that i find kind of crazy, is the fact that everyone stares.. I've been asked for pictures multiple times. It makes me feel somewhat famous. Everyone is so nice. They all smile and wave. When we were walking through a grocery store Sara accidentally bumped me into an old Grandma. I felt so bad! I instantly grabbed her hand and said sorry multiple times and all she did was laugh and nod her head while she grabbed my arms to bring me in for a hug. So yeah, my past few days have been good. Its a good life people!

Victoria Weight




1 comment:

  1. I would know this child's writing anywhere! And I am ever so not surprised you got whacked by a tree. So glad you are having fun! Make me wish I was there! You can go back to your 16 hour sleep nights once you return home.

    ReplyDelete