Sunday, July 6, 2014

Jeepney Adventures

So July 4th, 2014 is a day I won't soon forget. Not just because it's our Independence Day, but because of what happened to me; it was definitely the highlight of my trip. Basically here's how it goes. "The itsy-bitsy spider climbed down onto my face, off the jeep I go!" So it was the last day that we got to teach at our schools to all the little 5th and 6th graders and I tried so hard not to cry. I will truly never forget these kids. Anyways we were leaving and went down to another school and when we left that school that's when it happened. First, I have a deathly fear of spiders so you can kinda tell where this is going. I was riding on the back of the jeepney and one of the kids next to me pulls a spider off his leg and turns to show me; as soon as he turned, the spider dropped down onto my face. So I freaked out and jumped off the moving jeepney because I was so scared. I thought we were going slow enough that I could just jump off but next thing I knew, I was on the ground and the jeepney was driving faster than I realized! Dewey had grabbed me and held my hand, but soon let go because he knew that if he didn't, I would just drag. I stood up and I saw Rick sprinting towards me and everyone silent and staring at me. I looked down and my hand, leg and foot were bleeding a little.  I noticed my back was hurting so I turned to look and I had a little road rash. With everybody staring at me, it took every ounce of energy not to cry. Some of the leaders immediately started washing off my cuts and put some Neosporin on them. Then I got to lay down in the van the rest of the way home. Honestly, my life kind of flashed before my eyes and I thought I was going to die for a split second. It was also one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. I'll never forget it though so you could say it was a pretty eventful day. After we got back, my cuts were cleaned and bandaged. I was exhausted and slept well that night!

-Tori Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment