Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Magic of Maasin!

I can't believe how fast this week has gone by! Teaching was definitely a learning experience but was so much fun. My favorite part so far has been the people. They are so grateful that we are here to help them. The kids at my school don't speak much English but you can still tell that they are so excited for us to be there. Even though we are here to help them, they have done so much for us. I was so touched when I found out that the flowers lining the street up to the school were just for us. These Filipino people are amazing, literally wiping dirt from my hands and feet, feeding me more than I could ask for, and still asking what more they can do for me. I absolutely love it here and especially love these children. They are all so unique and have a special place in my heart. I love them so much and I can't imagine having to say goodbye.

-McKenna Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment