Thursday, June 27, 2013

Boracay!

Boracay was the 
P.E.R.F.E.C.T
 place to wind down after our many hours of sweat, downpours, teaching, mixing cement, and digging in Antique.

The beach was the prettiest any of us had ever seen!
I don't think I could describe in words how gorgeous it was.
The water was light turquoise, crystal clear, and swimming pool temperature. 
We could have stayed for a week!

Yesterday we took a ferry to a beautiful place called Ariel's Point. We had the best time. There were four platforms coming out of the cliffs and most of us (even Joel and Rick) braved the highest one at 15 meters. It was pretty nerve raking and such a thrill. The best part was the unlimited soda and water all day and the Filipino BBQ that was all included. We kayaked, snorkeled, relaxed and jumped/dove/flipped. Yes, Austin Anderson was doing flips off the highest board, the whole place was in awe. It was an absolute blast. We did not want to leave.

After leaving Ariel's Point we came back to our hotel - located directly on the beach 
(I'm telling ya, this place was amazing)
and Dewey, Libby, Austin, and Cici all joined some locals in a Soccer game on the beach while the others swam in the perfect sea. 

Dinner was my favorite. We ate at a lovely outdoor Italian restaurant, but the best part was the fresh shrimp and the live band. We were in heaven. They serenaded us with everything from James Taylor to Simon and Garfunkel, to Eric Clapton. 
I could have stayed for hours. 
It made me miss my Dad and brothers because the band was playing songs that were sung to me throughout my childhood. In fact, I loved it so much that I even joined the band and sang some James Taylor with them. Then, with our full bellies and huge smiles, we were entertained by fire dancers. I wish you all could have seen how fun this was. The dancers were spinning fire right in our faces and over our heads and completely around us. It was indeed a night to remember!

We ended the night out on the beach with the starry sky above us and the constant tide in our toes. Honestly, we were sad to leave. It was such a perfect stay.

Here are some pictures to give you just a glimpse! 




















1 comment:

  1. Em! Your hair! Haha. All the pics are amazing! Excited to see you:)

    ReplyDelete