Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Brown Outs and Goodbyes

Today was probably one of the hardest days for me, but I knew it was coming. We went to the schools for a few hours and basically spent the time playing games with the kids one last time and saying our goodbyes. It was the hardest thing ever for me. I have grown to love these children as they are all my brothers and sisters. They are like family to me and it breaks my heart to leave them. When we left, all of the children just stood there crying and waving goodbye. I hope and pray I will be able to see them again someday. I am so grateful that I was able to have them as a part of my life for this short week. But in the time I have known them, I have gained some of the greatest friendships that I've ever had in my life. I know I will be friends forever with these children.

Today was also very hot and the power went out when we got back to the DepEd, so we were all dieing of heat. I don't think I have ever seen anyone so happy to here and air conditioner turn on before haha

Tomorrow we are off to Boracay!! I am so excited!! :) Love you all!

Alena Cloward



No comments:

Post a Comment