Monday, June 24, 2013

Just Everything




I haven't blogged yet because it is incredibly difficult to describe this experience. It has been amazing in so many ways and challenging too. Although I have only been here a short time, this experience has changed me and I will cherish the memories I made here forever. 


The food here is really good. I am on rice overload and might have withdrawals when I get home because we have been eating it for every meal. It seems like we are always eating and almost everything I've tried has been good. Different but good. 

The people of the Antique are incredibly gracious and kind. They are so happy we are here and treat us like kings and queens. I am overwhelmed by their kindness and goodness. The schools held a celebration yesterday to honor us. We are the ones that should be honoring them. 

The children...it's especially difficult to describe the experiences I've had with these amazing, smart, kind, hardworking children who don't have much, but are happy. The unconditional love they have shown us will never be forgotten. Although it was stressful to prepare and teach the lessons this week, I can only hope we made some sort of lasting impression in their lives. Saying goodbye today will be difficult. 

Time has flown by and I can't believe we will be coming home in less than one week. We are excited to explore other areas of the Philippines and go to the beach! 

Thank you to all the parents and donors for your continued support. We wouldn't be here without you. We only wish you could be here to experience the Philippines with us!

Miss you and love you mom and family. Can't wait to see all of you!  

Libby 



No comments:

Post a Comment