Monday, June 24, 2013

It's Almost Over

Hey everyone! I miss you all and want to be home already so I can see you all, but I really do love it here and don't ever want to leave. The people here are literally so amazing and I love the kids; even though sometimes they get really clingy.. It makes me so sad that we will be leaving tomorrow and leaving these great kids. Even though the kids are younger than me they truly are my inspirations. They have taught me to be very independent and to also be a very hard worker and work hard to achieve my dreams. I really look up to them. They amaze me. They really don't have much of a force to go to school, but they still go because they want an education and they know that if they want to achieve their goals in life that they need to go to school. Most of their parents work in Manila so the kids stay with caretakers or grandparents while the parents send the money to them to pay for their kid. Some of the kids haven't seen their parents in over 3 years. That would be so hard for me..I couldn't live without my parents. I LOVE THEM WAY TOO MUCH. So tomorrow is our last day with the kids and it will probably be the hardest day of my life. I have come to love each and every person I have met here whether I got to have a conversation with them or if they just gave me a smile. I really cant wait to be home, but i will really miss it here.  Thank you Antique for the memories.


Love -Megan Ajer

No comments:

Post a Comment