Monday, June 17, 2013

This is Definitely a Small World

Okay guys guess what?  So yesterday, well the connection here sucked and so I couldn't blog but I will tell you anyway!  We went to church, just like we would back in Salt Lake and guess who we ran into???  Another graduate from Taylorsville!!!! Ya, she graduated from Taylorsville in 2009 and she is on her mission here in San Jose, Antique!! It was so exciting, I just thought it was so cool.  We talked and such then she asks, "Do you know Weston Harvey?" And I was like, "Ya of course! He was on swim team with me."  She says," Ya, he is my little brother!" I thought it was the funniest thing, we found one of my friends sister in the randomest town ever!  That to me just proved we do live in a small world.  Here is a picture of us with her! Plus her and her companion and another pair of sister missionaries!

Sister Harvey, third in from left


Sister Harvey, second in from left

Okay, well yesterday is over.  FIRST DAY OF TEACHING!!!! I actually did not have a lesson to teach today, but had loads of fun!!!!  Most of the day I just took pictures of the kids and of the people teaching, plus helped Libby, Alena, and Maddy with their lessons.  It was so much fun!  Plus we taught them Heads Up 7 Up and we taught them a few other games.  Played hangman as well... Then we went outside and bam!! It starts pouring rain!  I had only been in that much rain when I lived in California, as far as I remember! It rained so much and so hard and so fast!  Then two awesome kids, Carlo and Lorenzo, were trying to teach Maddie and I so Tagolog....  It was hard since they didn't speak very good english to help us... but it was fun, I can't quite figure out what to say but I feel like I can already figure out what the kids are saying about a quarter of the time.  Which isn't bad in my opinion, lol.  Anyway we got soaked and ended up not doing almost any labor because it rained way, way, way too much!  But either way it was fun and awesome and I cannot wait until tomorrow!
     -Austin Anderson

Carlo (left), Me, Lorenzo (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment