Monday, June 17, 2013

First Teaching Day

Well we got through the first day teaching in the schools. There are three different class periods that we teach and I had to teach two today back to back. It was very scary at first but the kids are great and are very willing to participate, sometimes even in unison. After class we planted some trees in the school yard in the pouring rain. I love how much it rains here! It is like heaven to me :) I think its funny because all the Filipinos run inside when it is raining and I run outside and dance in the middle of a basketball court! I also love riding on the back of the jeepney. I have to admit though, my absolute favorite thing so far is seeing the children's smiles everyday when we walk by. I have never seen a greater love within so little time. They are the most amazing people ever! I love them and this beautiful island. I hope everything is going great back at home. I love you all! and thank you for your support in getting me here. It was definitely worth it. :)

Alena Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment